Dr. Jeeten Singha is a Board Certified, Fellowship Trained Foot and Ankle Surgeon at The Orthopaedic Group, division of Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists. Dr. Singha specializes in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery, Complex Deformity Correction, Sports Injury, Arthroscopy and Fracture Care.
A Chicago native, Dr. Singha traveled the country as a nationally ranked junior tennis player growing up. He pursued his passion for tennis and attended undergraduate on a tennis scholarship where he was a 4x NCAA All-American. After this, Dr. Singha attended medical school at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science in Chicago. He went on to complete his Foot and Ankle Surgery Residency at the world-renowned Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
Dr. Singha completed his Fellowship in Advanced Reconstructive Foot and Ankle surgery at the prestigious Weil Foot, Ankle and Orthopedic Institute in Chicago. During his fellowship he had extensive training in forefoot and rearfoot/ankle reconstruction including: arthroscopic techniques, total ankle replacement, advanced biologics, limb salvage, ligament/tendon reconstruction, fracture correction, and trauma surgery.
Additionally, Dr. Singha acts as the attending surgeon for residents from the Yale University School of Medicine/Yale New Haven Hospital. He truly enjoys giving back to the profession and has lectured on various topics ranging from “Primary Arthrodesis vs. ORIF for Lis Francs Injury” to “Early Weight Bearing After Lapidus vs. Scarf Bunionectomy.”
As a former collegiate athlete, he has additional special interest in advanced return to sport after injury/surgery and early weight-bearing protocols. Dr. Singha prides himself on treating all his patients like family and being on the forefront of medical treatments for all foot and ankle conditions.
Fellowship: Weil Foot, Ankle & Orthopedic Institute, Chicago, IL.
ACFAS Recognized Advanced Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery
Residency: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
Department of Orthopedic Surgery/Division of Podiatry
Podiatric Medicine & Surgery, Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery
Medical School: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL.
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
Undergraduate : Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, IL.
Minor: Chemistry and French (Fluent in Hindi and French)
Dr.Singha treats patients in our Branford, Hamden, and Milford locations.
Appointments with Dr. Singha can be made by calling (203)-865-6784 or (203) 401-4643
Hamden, CT: 9 Washington Avenue, 06518 | See Map
Tel: 203-865-6784 or 203-401-4643
Branford, CT: 469 West Main Street, 06405 | See Map
Tel: 203-865-6784 or 203-401-4643
Milford, CT: 30 Commerce Park, 06460 | See Map
Tel: 203-865-6784 or 203-401-4643
Related Web Links
To learn more about Podiatry and What a Podiatrist does, click on the below button:
AAOS Annual Meeting- Las Vegas, NV March 2019
AAOS Annual Meeting- Las Vegas, NV 2019
Presenter: Jeeten Singha, DPM, AACFAS
March 12, 2019
Topic: Bunion Surgery
Presentation: “Added Value of the Akin Osteotomy in Hallux Valgus Correction Surgery? An Analysis of Patient-Reported Outcomes in 92 Subjects”
Activities and Leadership
ACFAS Scientific Literature Review Committee; 2014-Present
- Submitting scientific literature reviews for articles from non-podiatric journals.
Yucatan Crippled Children’s Project with the International Foot & Ankle
- Chosen to serve with the surgery team under Dr. Dock Dockery and Dr. Byron Hutchison in Merida, Mexico. Performed reconstructive surgeries on children with congenital and post-traumatic limb deformities. Pathology included Blount’s Disease, arthrogryposis, cerebral palsy, and Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome.
Team Physician; 2014-16
- Team physician for New York City public high school and ASA College football teams.
House Staff Affairs Committee, Mount Sinai Hospital; 2015-16
- Elected to serve on the committee by residents from all specialties at Mount Sinai Hospital to address any concerns and advocate on the behalf of residents.
Vice President of Social Affairs, Class of 2014; 2010-14
- Organizing fundraisers for various clubs and foundations, setting up class events, coordinate mock anatomy practicals, attending Executive Student Council meetings and IPMSA meetings.
Scholl College Ambassador; 2011-14
- Giving prospective students tour on interview days, answering questions about Scholl College and interviewing prospective students.
- President: Mentoring and tutoring at-risk students from Zion-Benton High School.
Chair of Dance for Diabetes; 2011-12
- Organizing Scholl College’s annual black tie fundraiser for the American Diabetes Association. Held at The Drake Hotel on January 14th, 2012. Attended by 530 guests, raised over $27,000.
Chair of Lake County Arthritis Walk; 2012
- Organizing the annual walk and fundraising for the National Arthritis Foundation.
RFUMS Orientation Advisor; 2011
- Helping incoming students during welcome week become acquainted with the school and make a smooth transition into medical school.
Boards and Certifications
• Board Qualified in Foot Surgery (ABFAS)
• Board Qualified in Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery (ABFAS)
• Board Certified American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM)
- “Making His Mark: Jeeten Singha Embraces Role as Student Leader” Pryma, G. Rosalind Franklin University: Year in Review. 2012
- “Brother Act” Surico, D. The Chicago Tribune. 05/06
- ACFAS Midwest Region Fellows Poster Award at ASC – 03/18
- Candidate for APMA National Student of the Year – 07/13
- Scholl College Alumni Association Community Engagement Award and Scholarship – 09/12
- RFUMS Student Dedicated to Diabetes Research and Education Initiative Award and Scholarship – 09/12
- RFUMS Student Leadership Award and Scholarship – 04/12
- ‘You Rock’ Student Leadership Award and Scholarship – 03/12
- Four consecutive National Tournament appearances – 2006-2010
- NCCAA National Championship Tennis Team – 2008-2009
- 4x Scholar-Athlete Team and NCAA Academic All-American – 2006-2010
• Member, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
• Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
• Member, Illinois Podiatric Medical Association
• Member, New York Podiatric Medical Association
• Member, American Public Health Association
Research and Presentations
- Speaker: 7th Annual National Foot & Ankle Fellowship Meeting. Pittsburg PA 05/18. “Primary Arthrodesis vs. ORIF for Lis Francs Injury.” “Weight Bearing After Lapidus vs. Scarf Bunionectomy.”
- Distinguished Faculty/Lecturer: Pre-Fellowship Instructional Course. Chicago 05/18.
- Poster Presentation: ACFAS Annual Scientific Conference. Nashville 03/18. “The Added Value of an Akin Osteotomy in Hallux Valgus Corrective Surgery?: An Analysis of Patient-centered Outcomes from 92 Subjects”
- Singha J1, Burish N2, Hurwitz M1, Taub PJ3. “Foot and Ankle for the Plastic Surgeon.” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal. 1Resident, Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. 2Resident 3Professor, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. New York, NY.
- Dermatology Text Book Chapter: Markinson, B1. Singha, J2. “Nail Surgery.” In, Nails: Diagnosis, Therapy and Surgery, 4th Edition. Richard K. Scher MD (Author), C. Ralph Daniel III MD (ed.) to be published by Springer Science. Submitted for publication 08/16. 1Chair Associate Professor, 2Resident, Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. New York, NY.
- Article: Singha, J1. Markinson, B2. (04/16). “Preventing Foot and Ankle Injuries in Tennis Players” The United States Tennis Association. Published Online.(http://www.eastern.usta.com/news/mount_sinai_health_beat_preventing_ foot_and_ankle_injury/). 1Resident 2Chair Associate Professor, Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. New York, NY.
- Lecture: ACFAS Division 9 Complications Seminar. New York City 11/15. “Austin Bunionectomy Complications”
- Poster Presentation: The Midwest Podiatry Conference. Chicago 03/15. “Complications of an Unstable Ankle Fracture in a Diabetic Patient”
- Lecture: The New York Clinical Conference & Exhibition. New York 01/15. “Complications of Open Ankle Fractures”
- Poster Presentation: American Diabetes Association Volunteer Gala. Chicago 02/13. “Impact of Research and Education on Type II Diabetic Population”
- Senior Genetics Fellow under Janna R. McLean, Ph.D. Dean, College of Arts and 3 Sciences at Olivet Nazarene University, 2006. Determining if certain populations of Drosophila fly stocks had Rsp-sensitive, Rsp-supersensitive, or RSP-insensitive alleles using PCR.
• Staff Physician Chicago Marathon–10/17
• U.S. Open Tennis Championship, New York City– 09/14 -16
• RFUMS Discovery Dash– 03/13
• Scholl Alumni Booth: Midwest Podiatry Conference– 03/11-12
• Medical Volunteer for Lollapalooza Music Festival– 08/11
• Medical Volunteer for Chicago Marathon– 09/10-11
• Medical Volunteer for Iron Man Wisconsin– 03/10